1. Jayāsanāgatā Buddhā jetvā māraṁ savāhanam, Catusaccāsabahaṁ rasaṁ ye piviṁsu narāsabhā.
Those Buddhas who defeated the Māra and his hosts, were the most brave, sublime, noble and mightiest of men who had sipped the immortal taste of the Four Noble Truths.
2. Taṇhaṅkarādayo Buddhā aṭṭhavīsati nāyakā Sabbe patiṭṭhitā mayhaṁ matthake te munissarā.
The twenty-eight Buddhas, one of whom was Taṇhaṅkara Buddha, were true leaders of the world. May each and every one of those wise sages be dwelling upon the crown of my head.
3. Sīse patiṭṭhito mayhaṁ Buddho Dhammo davilocane Saṅgho patiṭṭhito mayhaṁ Ure sabbagunākaro.
May all the Buddhas be enshrined on my head and in my eyes their Sacred Teachings; in my heart the community of noble disciples of the Blessed One who are the spring of all virtues.
4. Hadaye me Anuruddho Sārīputto ca dakkhiṇe, Koṇḍañño piṭṭhibhāgasmiṁ Mokkallāno ca vāmake.
May Anuruddha Thera dwell in my heart, Sārīputta Thera the Chief Disciple at my right side, the Elder Koṇḍañña at the back and Moggallāna the other Chief Disciple be at the left.
5. Dakkhiṇe savane mayhaṁ āsuṁ Ānanda Rāhulo, Kassapo ca Mahānāmo Ubhāsuṁ vāmasotake.
Likewise, may Ānanda and Rāhula dwell at my right ear, and at my left ear dwell Kassapa and Mahānāma.
6. Kesato piṭṭhibhāgasmiṁ suriyo va pabhaṅkaro Nisinno sirisampanno Sobhito munipuṅgavo.
May the mighty sage, Sobhita, seated in all his glory, like the blazing sun, dwell upon every hair-tip on my back.
7. Kumārakassapo dhero mahesī cittavādako, So mayhaṁ vadane niccaṁ patiṭṭhāsi guṇākaro.
May Kumāra Kassapa Thera, the one who seeks the greatest virtues, commands fine speech and is the spring of fine virtues, always be the dwelling guardian of my mouth.
8. Puṇṇo Aṅgulimālo ca Upālī Nanda Sīvalī Therā pañca ime jātā nalāṭe tilakā mama.
May these five Elders : Puṇṇa Thera, Aṅgulimāla Thera, Upālī Thera, Nanda Thera and Sīvalī Thera, be just like the auspicious marking anointed on my forehead.
9. Sesāsīti mahātherā vijitā jinasāvakā Etesīti mahātherā jitavanto jinorasā Jalantā sīlatejena aṅgamaṁgesu saṇṭhitā.
May all the rest of the eighty great disciples and sons of the Buddha, the Victorious One, who have defeated all their defilements and prosper by the moral disciplines they adhere to, condescend in to be with me all the minor and major organs of mine.
10. Ratanaṁ purato āsi dakkhine mettasuttakaṁ Dhajaggaṁ pacchato āsi vāme Aṅgulimālakaṁ.
May the Rattana Sutta be remained to my front, may the Metta Sutta be at my right side, may the Dhajagga Sutta be remained at the back and may Aṅgumāla Sutta be remained at my left.
11. Khandhamoraparittañca āṭānāṭiyasuttakaṁ Ākāse chadanaṁ āsi sesā pākārasanṭhitā.
The Khandha Paritta, Mora Paritta, Āṭānāṭiya Paritta and the rest form a sheltering frame for me, just like the canopy above or the wall around me.
12. Jināṇāvarasaṁyuttā sattappākāralaṅkatā Vātapittādisañjātā bāhirajjhattupaddavā.
May the sublime Dhamma which is the power of the Victorious One be adorned upon me just like a seven-layer wall protecting me from all outside and inside dangers or perils which may arise from whatever natural causes, wind or bile, so that there will be none of these dangers remain.
13. Asesā vinayaṁ yantu anantajinatejasā Vasato me sakiccena sadā sambuddhapañjare.
Let all the remaining illness be got rid of by the power of the Victorious One whose virtues are endless, all throughout the time when I still observe the moral disciplines of such a moral person like, for example, the Buddha.
14. Jinapañjaramajjhamhi viharantaṁ mahītale Sadā pālentu maṁ sabbe te mahāpurisā sabhā.
May all those great and brave Noble Ones who live in the midst of the Victorious One on this earth protect and guard me.
15. Iccevamanto sugutto surakkho Jinānubhāvena jitupaddhavo Dhammānubhāvena jitārisaṅgho Sanghānubhāvena jitantarāyo Saddhammānubhāvapālito carāmi jinapañjareti.
Indeed, thus am I well protected as all the distresses have been rid of by the Victorious One; so may whatever potential dangers there may be in the future, be eliminated by the power of the Dhamma and the Sangha and may the same power of the truth of Dhamma protect and guide me so that I may live and thrive in the path of the Victorious One.
ขอบพระคุณ: รองศาสตราจารย์ ดร.สุจิตรา อ่อนค้อม ที่ได้อนุญาตให้เผยแพร่หนังสือ คู่มือพุทธบริษัท บทสวดมนต์ทำวัตรเช้า-เย็น บาลี-ไทย-อังกฤษ เป็นธรรมทาน.
ป้ายคำ : บทสวดมนต์